A timely exploration of the discrimination that gender-diverse people face, this book analyzes the relationship between gender identity and performance in the workplace while considering the emotional and economic survival of those who identify as transgender.
- Discusses long-ignored nuances of transgender identity through narratives of non-binary, gender-fluid, and genderless experiences, in the context of workplace discrimination
- Extends existing theoretical literature on masculinity in the workplace, gender discrimination, and gender performance
- Identifies factors that may preclude and minimize discrimination
- Proposes a pragmatic set of policy recommendations for employers, community leaders, and others
- Provides best practices around such policy items as bathroom access, workplace transition, hiring practices, and inclusive workplace culture